A remarkable history that continues today
Created in 1907, the Montreux-Oberland Bernois (MOB) Railway workshops have greatly contributed to the development of transport in Switzerland. Like true pioneers, our predecessors have always worked to share prosperity and develop tourism. From technical innovations to the development of the tourist rail network, the company has played a key role in the image of tourist Switzerland and of its trains in the idyllic and breathtaking landscapes.
Our values, our mission and our vision have never changed, and we are constantly continuing our quest for innovation in order to improve the experience, safety and comfort of our travellers every day. For over a century, we have continued to put our expertise and experience at your service.
Today, far from resting on our laurels, we continue to innovate to improve the experience, safety and comfort of our passengers every day. For example, in 1979 we were the first company to introduce air-conditioned panoramic trains that ran on metre gauge tracks – an innovation that has since been widely imitated. In 2010, we trialled a unique prototype carriage with variable-gauge bogies. It is currently undergoing tests and represents an ambitious, innovative project that promises great technological advances.
A full range of services
Technical department for research into refurbishing, changing and constructing rail vehicles, including designs and diagrams. Expertise in a range of areas. For example, constructing, manufacturing, assembling, approving and bringing a 5th double cog railcar for the Rochers-de-Naye line into service that was identical to the 4 railcars originally provided by the industry.
- Assembling complete vehicles or parts.
- Refurbishing all types of bogies (adhesion and cog), including outlet reducers and tyred and one-piece axles.
- Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic refurbishment of parts or entire vehicles.
- Refurbishing and repairing AC and DC motors, rotors and stators.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electronic components. Programming of programmable logic controllers
- Painting of components or complete vehicles
- Group purchasing and logistics General terms and conditions of purchase
- Partnership with suppliers for maintenance services, e.g. air conditioning
Apprenticeship training center
Do you have a project in mind, a particular requirement or a question?
Get in touch and benefit from our expertise!
Customer reference examples:
- Public transport in the Lausanne area, refurbishment of the M1 metro and construction of 5 additional trains
- SBB, TSOL: refurbishment of pneumatic parts.
- SBB, WAB: maintenance and repair of air conditioning systems.
- MBC, CJ: changing tyres on motorised and non-driving axles
- Bex salt mines: converting engines and mine cars for use in tours.
- Bombardier: manufacturing a brush system for cleaning rails.