CFC (trade-qualified) Polymechanic
The polymechanic apprentice will learn how to make, repair and design equipment parts for our rail vehicles. This manufacturing is done individually or in small series. A polymechanic may also be assigned complete assembly tasks for railway components or machine tools. The apprentice polymechanic also carries out maintenance work on the machine tools that they use.
The training takes place at the Chernex Technical Workshops.
- Voie secondaire générale (academic path preparing students for either an apprenticeship or further academic study).if possible
- Good reasoning and mathematical skills
- Technical creativity, good representation of objects in space, precision, adaptability, teamwork and good manual skills.
Length of apprenticeship: 4 years
- 2 years of basic MOB training. Validated by a partial examination.
- 2 years of specific training with different courses (CNC, locksmithing, assembly, electricity).
- 2 levels of professional courses at the EPSIC in Lausanne.
- Basic level “G”: 2 days of professional courses per week for the first year, then 1 day per week.
- Level “E” extended: 2 days of professional courses per week for the first 2 years, then 1 day per week.
- For the extended level, the integrated vocational qualification can be done at the rate of a 2nd day of classes for the last 2 years.
- 1 practical examination work taken in the workshop, 1 theoretical examination of general and professional knowledge.
The final grade is calculated on the basis of the 3 exams and the marks obtained in class.
If you are interested in this profession, here are the next steps for your application:
- Send us your complete application file (covering letter, CV, diplomas, and other useful documents) using the form below.
- Theoretical aptitude test in Montreux.
- One-week practical internship at the Chernex Technical Workshops.
- Commitment interview.
- Apprenticeship contract.